Okefenokee Bluegrass Band & the Mairi Orr Band
Pioneers for Bluegrass in Scotland, the Okefenokee Bluegrass Band became very successful on the music scene, to the delight of audiences of all ages. The band retired due to other commitments, but this year they are back together again for a series of gigs to celebrate their long friendship and it is fitting that the first of these reunion gigs is in Linlithgow as it all started here, with their first professional gig.
Also, Scottish singer/songwriter Mairi Orr has been a regular in the Edinburgh and Lothians bluegrass and folk scene since 2004. Her melodic style and acoustic set-up draw from American roots music and Scottish traditional music, offering original songs and other interpretations which nod towards current Americana and contemporary Scottish Folk.
- Date: Friday 13 September 2013
- From: 8pm (Doors Open 7.30pm)
- Venue: Queen Margaret Hall, Blackness Road, EH49 7JA
- Admission: £10 in advance from the Burgh Halls, Linlithgow (01506 282720) or on the door. Licensed bar
- BUY ONLINE: http://www.linlithgowplus.org.uk/offer-details.php?id=21 (via LinlithgowPlus)