Over the last few months, the Linlithgow Folk Festival organisers have continued to plan events for this years 'mini folk festival'. The festival will be held between Thursday 9th and Sunday 12th September. An overview of events planned include:
- Thursday 9th from 7.30pm - an online concert featuring items from the Twinning Associations of Linlithgow and our twin town Guyancourt in France. The concert will be on the Twinning Associaton youtube channel:
- Friday 10th from 2pm to 5pm - a music session at the Black Bitch Tavern, Linlithgow. Over the course of the weekend, the Black Bitch Tavern will be available for sessions.
- Friday 10th from 8.00pm - an online concert by Ross Miller, the official Town Piper, on the LFFA youtube channel at: A finalist in the 2019 BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musician of the Year and a Danny Kyle Award Winner at Celtic Connections Ross has also won the World Pipe Band Championships and an array of Solo Piping prizes in his career so far. His debut album 'The Roke' is out now!
- Saturday 11th from 12 noon to 1.00pm - 'Weans World' featuring Cockleroy will entertain children (adults can sing along too!) in the Rose Garden
- Saturday 11th from 1.00m to 5.00pm - an afternoon of live folk and traditional music at the Burgh Halls Cafe
- Sunday 12th from 1.00pm to 5.00pm - again at the Burgh Halls Cafe, an afternoon of live folk and traditional music
For the latest folk festival news, visit our facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/253078621378555/
Yours aye - Murdie Kennedy
Festival Director, Linlithgow Folk Festival Association